Daily School Procedures
The CRE front office is open from 7:10 am to 2:40 pm during the school year.
You can reach the CRE front office by dialing (317) 594-4170. Reporting Absences
Breakfast at CRE
Students can purchase breakfast at CRE from 7:30am-7:40am. Anyone arriving after 7:40am will not be able to purchase breakfast.
Leaving early for appointment
If a student needs to leave early for any reason, only family and individuals listed on the student's approved Skyward list can pick up the student. In the student's Skyward account, under the "Family and Emergency Contact" tab, you may list people approved by you to pick up your student. Any individual picking up a student MUST show a valid driver's license. Please contact the office in advance or fill out the Leave Early form in School Dismissal Manager so we can notify the teacher of the early dismissal and they can be prepared.
If a student forgets an item at home and a parent needs to drop off that item after school has begun, that item may be dropped off in the front office. Please have student's first and last names, and teacher's name, on the item and we will deliver it to the student.
All visitors/volunteers/chaperones MUST have a Safevisitor background check on file with Hamilton Southeastern Schools to be allowed to volunteer or chaperone in the building. Please see Safevisitor information to get started. It takes about a week for Safevisitor approval, so please plan accordingly.
School Dismissal Manager
Cumberland Road Elementary utilizes School Dismissal Manager for daily dismissal changes. School Dismissal Manager lets teachers and staff know how your student needs to get home each day (bus/car/YMCA). Each family receives specific login credentials from School Dismissal Manager at the beginning of the school year. Once you receive your login credentials, please log in to Dismissal Manager and set up your preferred dismissal for your student(s). If you need to change your student's dismissal on any day, you will need to log in to your Dismissal Manager account and make the necessary changes by 1:00 pm. A list will be generated before the end of the school day with all the dismissal changes for that day. Here is how it works:
- Locate your email from the SDM system directly with your "Parent Credentials" including login and password information. Check your spam if you cannot find the email.
- Click on the link in that email to access the login page via web browser.
- Set a new password and save your login and password.
- Check/Set the default dismissal from the list for your child that you would like used.
If your child has different dismissals for different days, please set one default and set a recurring "exception" for the off days. (For example, my child's default is a car rider, but I would like them to go to the YMCA every Wednesday. I would set the default as car rider and make a recurring exception for Wednesdays as YMCA.
What do I need to do after my default dismissal is set?
- You would only need to log in again to make a change to dismissal, called an "exception."
- A one-time exception does NOT change the locked default. For example, a dentist appointment may be scheduled, and you would like to pick your child up instead of having them ride the bus. You would login and create an exception just for that day from "BUS" to "CAR RIDER."
- The teacher is automatically notified, and a note/email or phone call is no longer required.
- All exceptions must be made by 1 PM daily. If a change is needed after 1 PM, a call to the front office at (317) 594-4170 would be required to ensure the teacher is notified. Teachers will be instructed to go by their daily School Dismissal Manager report for all dismissal directions.
CRE Schedule of Events (2023-2024 Academic Year)